As a result of the staff testing, Good Samaritan Home was notified that three of our employees tested positive for COVID-19. At this time, specific neighborhoods throughout the facility remain in a full room quarantine. Other neighborhoods also remain in a neighborhood quarantine. Restrictions continue to be lessened for those residents not in a room or neighborhood quarantine:
- Residents are permitted in outdoor courtyards that do not have public access.
- Residents are permitted to go to the general store.
- Activities and chapel services are permitted in the Chapel/Social Room and Town Hall. As of now chapel services will be at 9:00am Mon-Fri and Sunday. The following precautions must be utilized: Residents and staff must properly wear a mask at all times. Non-compliant residents will NOT be able to attend. Areas on the floor will be marked to ensure residents are safely placed 6 feet apart.
- Activities department may continue van rides for the residents. Vans cannot exceed a 50% capacity to allow for social distancing. Residents must wear masks during the entire outing. Any contact with the general public during this outing will be avoided. Van seats and high touch areas will be disinfected between each use. Please keep in mind that the activity schedule will be changing daily to accommodate the new policies/procedures.
- Private therapy sessions in the pool are permitted for internal residents only.
- Residents are not permitted to eat on other neighborhoods and the dining policy has not changed. Only one resident will be allowed per table to allow for social distancing.
- Beauty Shop closure.
All residents will continue to wear masks and practice social distancing whenever they leave their resident room.
We will continue to keep you updated with new information as it becomes available to us. If you have any questions regarding our current procedures, please feel free to contact your designated social service aide. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding during this time.
Active employee cases: 11
Active resident cases: 0
Total employee cases since March 2020: 32
Total resident cases since March 2020: 3
Good Samaritan Home of Quincy
News & Views from Campus: October 24th – October 30th Medicare Open Enrollment With the seasons changing and the cooler weather, we look forward to many fun holidays and events! However, you don’t want to overlook Medicare Open Enrollment at this time! Each year from Oct. 15th to Dec. 7th Medicare allows members to compare…
News & Views from Campus: October 17th – October 23rd Good Samaritan Home of Quincy Garners Awards Recently, our administrators received some very welcome news from two very well-respected sources: The Herald-Whig, and Newsweek Magazine! For the 4th consecutive year, Good Samaritan was voted by the public as the top Assisted Living Facility and…
October 15, 2021 Good Samaritan Home was notified that one employee tested positive for COVID-19. There was no exposure within the facility. Your neighborhood has not been quarantined at this time. We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which includes: Continued screening of…