June 8, 2022
From 6/1-6/7/22 Good Samaritan Home was notified that two employees tested positive for COVID-19. For more frequent updates on the facility’s current COVID-19 status, please visit our website at https://www.gshq.org/news/.
We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which includes:
- Continued screening of all staff members and other essential persons entering our facility for symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Continued screening of all residents with routine vitals daily, screening before and after resident leaves the building, and continuous observation for signs & symptoms of COVID-19.
- Continued disinfecting of resident rooms, common areas, and high-traffic areas multiple times daily.
- All staff will continue to wear masks and practice good hand hygiene.
- Group activities have resumed for residents not in quarantine. Facemasks must be worn at all times.
- Fully vaccinated residents can participate in communal dining without physical distancing while at the dining table. Unvaccinated residents must continue to remain at least 6 feet from others. (This means that only fully vaccinated residents are allowed to eat at the same table without physically distancing).
- Beauty Shop appointments will continue for in-house residents that are not in quarantine and/or isolation precautions. There are no changes to their guidelines. Only one resident per stylist will be permitted. Social distancing will be implemented. Residents and stylist must wear a mask at all times. Residents are not allowed to wait in or outside the beauty shop for their appointment. Proper disinfection/sanitizing will be performed between each appointment.
- Indoor visitation hours are from 7:00a-8:00p. It is no longer required that you schedule your visit in advance. Please see the updated Resident Connection Programs Policy for more information.
For any questions or concerns, please contact your loved one’s designated social service aide.
Thank you for your patience, prayers, and understanding during this time.
Active employee cases: 2
Active resident cases: 0
Total employee cases since March 2020: 288
Total resident cases since March 2020: 120
Good Samaritan Home of Quincy
January 25, 2023 Good Samaritan Home was notified that one employee tested positive for COVID-19. We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which includes: For any questions or concerns, please contact your loved one’s designated social service aide. Thank you for your…
News & Views from Campus: January 22nd – January 28th Fireside Sports Bar & Grill Lunch Outing On Thursday the 26th at 1030am, we will head to the Fireside Grill inside the Mark Twain Casino in La Grange, Missouri for an extended lunch outing. Remember, you must call activities at extension 4227 by Wednesday the…
News & Views from Campus: January 15th – January 21st Wal Mart Shopping Time! Wal Mart shopping returns on Wednesday, January 18th at 8:30am. Remember, you must call Sally Hodgson at extension 4227 if you plan on attending. After you have booked your spot with Sally, you will meet that Wednesday morning at the…