SEPTEMBER 9 – SEPTEMBER 11 TESTS IDENTIFY ADDITIONAL POSITIVE
As a result of our facility-wide weekly testing, we have been informed that another one of our employees tested positive for COVID-19 from the September 9 – September 11 round of testing, bringing our total for that week to two positive employee cases. This specific employee is now quarantined at home. All staff will continue to be tested weekly, and the residents of the affected neighborhood will also be tested this week. These affected residents are now also quarantined to their rooms, and families of these residents have been notified. All other residents will continue to be quarantined to their neighborhoods.
We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which include:
- Continued screening all staff members and other essential persons entering our facility for symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Continued screening of all residents several times a day with vital signs and temperature checks.
- Residents quarantined to their neighborhoods.
- Neighborhood van rides will resume with proper COVID-19 precautions, such as social distancing, regular sanitation, and the requirement of masks.
- Beauty shop closure.
- Continued disinfecting of resident rooms, common areas, and high-traffic areas multiple times daily.
- All staff and residents will continue to wear masks and practice good hand hygiene.
We continue to follow guidance from the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) and the Adams County Health Department. We will communicate new information with families, residents, staff, and the community as it becomes available to us.
Outdoor visits are still being scheduled at this time. We will contact you to set up a time for the visit.
For any questions or concerns, please contact your loved one’s designated social service aide. Thank you for your patience, prayers, and understanding during this time.
Total Employee Cases: 8
Total Resident Cases: 1
Good Samaritan Home of Quincy
January 25, 2023 Good Samaritan Home was notified that one employee tested positive for COVID-19. We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which includes: For any questions or concerns, please contact your loved one’s designated social service aide. Thank you for your…
News & Views from Campus: January 22nd – January 28th Fireside Sports Bar & Grill Lunch Outing On Thursday the 26th at 1030am, we will head to the Fireside Grill inside the Mark Twain Casino in La Grange, Missouri for an extended lunch outing. Remember, you must call activities at extension 4227 by Wednesday the…
News & Views from Campus: January 15th – January 21st Wal Mart Shopping Time! Wal Mart shopping returns on Wednesday, January 18th at 8:30am. Remember, you must call Sally Hodgson at extension 4227 if you plan on attending. After you have booked your spot with Sally, you will meet that Wednesday morning at the…