SEPTEMBER 9 – SEPTEMBER 11 TESTS IDENTIFY ADDITIONAL POSITIVE
As a result of our facility-wide weekly testing, we have been informed that another one of our employees tested positive for COVID-19 from the September 9 – September 11 round of testing, bringing our total for that week to two positive employee cases. This specific employee is now quarantined at home. All staff will continue to be tested weekly, and the residents of the affected neighborhood will also be tested this week. These affected residents are now also quarantined to their rooms, and families of these residents have been notified. All other residents will continue to be quarantined to their neighborhoods.
We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which include:
- Continued screening all staff members and other essential persons entering our facility for symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Continued screening of all residents several times a day with vital signs and temperature checks.
- Residents quarantined to their neighborhoods.
- Neighborhood van rides will resume with proper COVID-19 precautions, such as social distancing, regular sanitation, and the requirement of masks.
- Beauty shop closure.
- Continued disinfecting of resident rooms, common areas, and high-traffic areas multiple times daily.
- All staff and residents will continue to wear masks and practice good hand hygiene.
We continue to follow guidance from the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) and the Adams County Health Department. We will communicate new information with families, residents, staff, and the community as it becomes available to us.
Outdoor visits are still being scheduled at this time. We will contact you to set up a time for the visit.
For any questions or concerns, please contact your loved one’s designated social service aide. Thank you for your patience, prayers, and understanding during this time.
Total Employee Cases: 8
Total Resident Cases: 1