Good Samaritan Home was notified that one resident and two of our employees tested positive for COVID-19. At this time, specific neighborhoods throughout the facility are no longer quarantined. Other neighborhoods will be entering or remaining in different quarantine statuses based on their exposure levels.
We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which includes:
- Continued screening of all staff members and other essential persons entering our facility for symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Continued screening of all residents several times a day with vital signs and temperature checks.
- Residents no longer quarantined to their neighborhoods or rooms.
- Beauty shop closure.
- Continued disinfecting of resident rooms, common areas, and high-traffic areas multiple times daily.
- All staff will continue to wear masks and practice good hand hygiene.
- Residents may have meals in their assigned neighborhood dining rooms. Only one resident is permitted at each dining room table to allow for social distancing. Married couples that reside on the same unit will be allowed to sit at the same table.
We will communicate new information with families, residents, staff, and the community as it becomes available to us. For any questions or concerns, please contact your loved one’s designated social service aide.
Thank you for your patience, prayers, and understanding during this time.
Active employee cases: 8
Active resident cases: 2
Total employee cases since March 2020: 139
Total resident cases since March 2020: 91
Good Samaritan Home of Quincy
News & Views from Campus: October 24th – October 30th Medicare Open Enrollment With the seasons changing and the cooler weather, we look forward to many fun holidays and events! However, you don’t want to overlook Medicare Open Enrollment at this time! Each year from Oct. 15th to Dec. 7th Medicare allows members to compare…
News & Views from Campus: October 17th – October 23rd Good Samaritan Home of Quincy Garners Awards Recently, our administrators received some very welcome news from two very well-respected sources: The Herald-Whig, and Newsweek Magazine! For the 4th consecutive year, Good Samaritan was voted by the public as the top Assisted Living Facility and…
October 15, 2021 Good Samaritan Home was notified that one employee tested positive for COVID-19. There was no exposure within the facility. Your neighborhood has not been quarantined at this time. We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which includes: Continued screening of…