July 2, 2021
Good Samaritan Home has not had any new COVID-19 positive cases in employees or residents since our last notification letter. At this time, your loved one’s neighborhood has not been quarantined.
We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which includes:
- Continued screening of all staff members and other essential persons entering our facility for symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Continued screening of all residents several times a day with vital signs and temperature checks.
- Residents no longer quarantined to their neighborhoods or rooms.
- Continued disinfecting of resident rooms, common areas, and high-traffic areas multiple times daily.
- All staff will continue to wear masks and practice good hand hygiene.
- Fully vaccinated residents can participate in communal dining without physical distancing while at the dining table. Unvaccinated residents must continue to remain at least 6 feet from others. (This means that only fully vaccinated residents are allowed to eat at the same table without physically distancing). All neighborhood dining rooms (except for the main dining room) can only serve residents that reside on that neighborhood.
- Beauty Shop appointments will resume for in-house residents that are not in isolation precautions. There are no changes to their guidelines. Only one resident per stylist will be permitted. Social distancing will be implemented. Residents and stylist must wear a mask at all times. Residents are not allowed to wait in or outside the beauty shop for their appointment. Proper disinfection/sanitizing will be performed between each appointment.
We will communicate new information with families, residents, staff, and the community as it becomes available to us. For any questions or concerns, please contact your loved one’s designated social service aide.
Thank you for your patience, prayers, and understanding during this time.
Active employee cases: 0
Active resident cases: 0
Total employee cases since March 2020: 149
Total resident cases since March 2020: 94
Good Samaritan Home of Quincy
News & Views from Campus: October 24th – October 30th Medicare Open Enrollment With the seasons changing and the cooler weather, we look forward to many fun holidays and events! However, you don’t want to overlook Medicare Open Enrollment at this time! Each year from Oct. 15th to Dec. 7th Medicare allows members to compare…
News & Views from Campus: October 17th – October 23rd Good Samaritan Home of Quincy Garners Awards Recently, our administrators received some very welcome news from two very well-respected sources: The Herald-Whig, and Newsweek Magazine! For the 4th consecutive year, Good Samaritan was voted by the public as the top Assisted Living Facility and…
October 15, 2021 Good Samaritan Home was notified that one employee tested positive for COVID-19. There was no exposure within the facility. Your neighborhood has not been quarantined at this time. We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which includes: Continued screening of…