August 13, 2021
Good Samaritan Home was notified that two employees tested positive for COVID-19. All neighborhoods will be entering into different quarantine statuses based on their exposure levels. Due to the uptick in COVID-19 cases across the county and region, we are continuing to follow the Adams County Health Department’s recommendation of the suspension of indoor visitation (with the exception of compassionate care and hospice visits) across Adams, IL Long Term Care Facilities. We will notify you when indoor visitation may resume.
We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which includes:
- Continued screening of all staff members and other essential persons entering our facility for symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Continued screening of all residents with routine vitals daily, screening before and after resident leaves the building, and continuous observation for signs & symptoms of COVID-19.
- Continued disinfecting of resident rooms, common areas, and high-traffic areas multiple times daily.
- All staff will continue to wear masks and practice good hand hygiene.
- Fully vaccinated residents can participate in communal dining without physical distancing while at the dining table. Unvaccinated residents must continue to remain at least 6 feet from others. (This means that only fully vaccinated residents are allowed to eat at the same table without physically distancing). All residents must eat in their assigned neighborhood dining rooms.
- Beauty Shop appointments will continue for in-house residents that are not in quarantine and/or isolation precautions. There are no changes to their guidelines. Only one resident per stylist will be permitted. Social distancing will be implemented. Residents and stylist must wear a mask at all times. Residents are not allowed to wait in or outside the beauty shop for their appointment. Proper disinfection/sanitizing will be performed between each appointment.
We will communicate new information with families, residents, staff, and the community as it becomes available to us. For any questions or concerns, please contact your loved one’s designated social service aide.
Thank you for your patience, prayers, and understanding during this time.
Active employee cases: 3
Active resident cases: 1
Total employee cases since March 2020: 156
Total resident cases since March 2020: 95
Good Samaritan Home of Quincy
News & Views from Campus: November 27th – December 3rd Christmas Memorial Service Good Samaritan Home’s Annual Christmastime Memorial Service will be Wednesday, December 7th at 6:00 PM in the Wee Kirk Chapel. Family and friends of loved ones who passed away are welcome to attend the service in-person this year. We will also stream…
November 21, 2022 Good Samaritan Home was notified that one employee tested positive for COVID-19. For more frequent updates on the facility’s current COVID-19 status, please visit our website at https://www.gshq.org/news/. We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which includes: Continued screening…
PASS THE GRAVY! Don’t forget the lunch meal served on Thursday will be the traditional Thanksgiving fare with all the trimmings! The BEST Thanksgiving Themed Movies! When it comes to holiday movies, we all know Christmas gets the lion’s share of the pie. But there are some gems out there for Thanksgiving, including some great…