TESTS FROM SEPTEMBER 9 – SEPTEMBER 11 RETURN POSITIVE EMPLOYEE RESULT
As a result of our facility-wide weekly testing, we have been informed that one of our employees tested positive for COVID-19 from the September 9 – September 11 round of testing. This specific employee has been quarantined at home since the onset of symptoms on September 3rd. All staff will continue to be tested weekly. At this time, the resident room quarantine has been lifted and changed to a neighborhood quarantine.
We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which include:
- Continued screening all staff members and other essential persons entering our facility for symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Continued screening of all residents several times a day with vital signs and temperature checks.
- Residents quarantined to their neighborhoods.
- Neighborhood van rides will resume with proper COVID-19 precautions, such as social distancing, regular sanitation, and the requirement of masks.
- Beauty shop closure.
- Continued disinfecting of resident rooms, common areas, and high-traffic areas multiple times daily.
- All staff and residents will continue to wear masks and practice good hand hygiene.
We continue to follow guidance from the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) and the Adams County Health Department. We will communicate new information with families, residents, staff, and the community as it becomes available to us.
Outdoor visits are still being scheduled at this time. We will contact you to set up a time for the visit.
For any questions or concerns, please contact your loved one’s designated social service aide. Thank you for your patience, prayers, and understanding during this time.
Total Employee Cases: 7
Total Resident Cases: 1
Good Samaritan Home of Quincy
September 13, 2021 Good Samaritan Home was notified that one employee tested positive for COVID-19. Neighborhoods have entered into different quarantine statuses based on their exposure levels. Due to the uptick in COVID-19 cases across the county and region, we are continuing to follow the Adams County Health Department’s recommendation of the suspension of indoor…
News & Views from Campus: September 12th – September 18th On This Day in History… September 12th, 1953: John F. Kennedy marries Jacqueline Bouvier in Newport, R.I. & years later they would become the youngest President & First Lady in American history. September 13th, 2004: Oprah Winfrey gives a brand-new Pontiac G-6 sedan to all…
September 8, 2021 Good Samaritan Home was notified that one employee tested positive for COVID-19. Neighborhoods have entered into different quarantine statuses based on their exposure levels. Due to the uptick in COVID-19 cases across the county and region, we are continuing to follow the Adams County Health Department’s recommendation of the suspension of indoor…