April 28, 2021
Good Samaritan Home was notified that one employee tested positive for COVID-19. Your loved one’s neighborhood has entered into neighborhood quarantine for those residents who are fully vaccinated. Residents that are not fully vaccinated or unvaccinated have entered into room quarantine. At this time, all visitation (with the exception of compassionate care visits) has been suspended until the required facility-wide testing has been completed. Once we receive results of the facility wide testing for residents and staff, any neighborhoods with all negative results will no longer be quarantined and visitation can resume.
We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which includes:
- Continued screening of all staff members and other essential persons entering our facility for symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Continued screening of all residents several times a day with vital signs and temperature checks.
- Continued disinfecting of resident rooms, common areas, and high-traffic areas multiple times daily.
- All staff will continue to wear masks and practice good hand hygiene.
- Resident meals delivered to their rooms.
- Activities held in resident rooms and doorways.
- Beauty Shop appointments are available for in-house residents that are not in quarantine. There are no changes to their guidelines. Only one resident per stylist will be permitted. Social distancing will be implemented. Residents and stylist must wear a mask at all times. Residents are not allowed to wait in or outside the beauty shop for their appointment. Proper disinfection/sanitizing will be performed between each appointment.
- We will still be providing laundry services, but it is no longer a requirement for your loved one’s laundry to be done by GSH. If you wish to do your loved one’s laundry, please contact your loved one’s designated social service aide.
We will communicate new information with families, residents, staff, and the community as it becomes available to us. For any questions or concerns, please contact your loved one’s designated social service aide.
Thank you for your patience, prayers, and understanding during this time.
Active employee cases: 1
Active resident cases: 0
Total employee cases since March 2020: 146
Total resident cases since March 2020: 93
Good Samaritan Home of Quincy
News & Views from Campus: September 26th – October 2 ndThoughts in honor of World Gratitude Day, Sept. 21 st – By Diana Butler Bass During the last eighteen months, when I felt the mostdespair and the deepest pain of isolation, I remembered myown words and took them to heart: Gratitude is resilienceof sorts, the…
September 23, 2021 Good Samaritan Home was notified that two employees tested positive for COVID-19. Neighborhoods have entered into different quarantine statuses based on their exposure levels. Due to the uptick in COVID-19 cases across the county and region, we are continuing to follow the Adams County Health Department’s recommendation of the suspension of indoor…
News & Views from Campus: September 19th – September 25th Don’t forget your Annual Association Membership as the year draws to a close! Memberships are individual, so a couple needs to give individually. Memberships are made on a fiscal year basis starting October 1, 2020 through September 30, 2021. To pay your 2020-2021 Annual Association…