May 14, 2021
Good Samaritan Home was notified that one employee tested positive for COVID-19. Your loved one’s neighborhood has entered into neighborhood quarantine for those residents who are fully vaccinated. Residents that are not fully vaccinated or unvaccinated have entered into room quarantine. At this time, all visitation (with the exception of compassionate care and hospice visits) has been suspended until the required facility-wide testing has been completed. Once we receive results of the facility wide testing for residents and staff, any neighborhoods with all negative results will no longer be quarantined and visitation can resume. An update will be sent out to families and residents once all results have been received.
We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which includes:
- Continued screening of all staff members and other essential persons entering our facility for symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Continued screening of all residents several times a day with vital signs and temperature checks.
- Continued disinfecting of resident rooms, common areas, and high-traffic areas multiple times daily.
- All staff will continue to wear masks and practice good hand hygiene.
- Resident meals delivered to their rooms.
- Activities held in resident rooms and doorways.
- Beauty Shop appointments are available for in-house residents that are not in quarantine. There are no changes to their guidelines. Only one resident per stylist will be permitted. Social distancing will be implemented. Residents and stylist must wear a mask at all times. Residents are not allowed to wait in or outside the beauty shop for their appointment. Proper disinfection/sanitizing will be performed between each appointment.
We will communicate new information with families, residents, staff, and the community as it becomes available to us. For any questions or concerns, please contact your loved one’s designated social service aide.
Thank you for your patience, prayers, and understanding during this time.
Active employee cases: 1
Active resident cases: 0
Total employee cases since March 2020: 147
Total resident cases since March 2020: 93
Good Samaritan Home of Quincy
September 13, 2021 Good Samaritan Home was notified that one employee tested positive for COVID-19. Neighborhoods have entered into different quarantine statuses based on their exposure levels. Due to the uptick in COVID-19 cases across the county and region, we are continuing to follow the Adams County Health Department’s recommendation of the suspension of indoor…
News & Views from Campus: September 12th – September 18th On This Day in History… September 12th, 1953: John F. Kennedy marries Jacqueline Bouvier in Newport, R.I. & years later they would become the youngest President & First Lady in American history. September 13th, 2004: Oprah Winfrey gives a brand-new Pontiac G-6 sedan to all…
September 8, 2021 Good Samaritan Home was notified that one employee tested positive for COVID-19. Neighborhoods have entered into different quarantine statuses based on their exposure levels. Due to the uptick in COVID-19 cases across the county and region, we are continuing to follow the Adams County Health Department’s recommendation of the suspension of indoor…