August 23, 2021
Good Samaritan Home was notified that four employee’s tested positive for COVID-19. Neighborhoods will be entering into different quarantine statuses based on their exposure levels. Due to the uptick in COVID-19 cases across the county and region, we are continuing to follow the Adams County Health Department’s recommendation of the suspension of indoor visitation (with the exception of compassionate care and hospice visits) across Adams, IL Long Term Care Facilities. We will notify you when indoor visitation may resume.
We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which includes:
- Continued screening of all staff members and other essential persons entering our facility for symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Continued screening of all residents with routine vitals daily, screening before and after resident leaves the building, and continuous observation for signs & symptoms of COVID-19.
- Continued disinfecting of resident rooms, common areas, and high-traffic areas multiple times daily.
- All staff will continue to wear masks and practice good hand hygiene.
- Fully vaccinated residents can participate in communal dining without physical distancing while at the dining table. Unvaccinated residents must continue to remain at least 6 feet from others. (This means that only fully vaccinated residents are allowed to eat at the same table without physically distancing). All residents must eat in their assigned neighborhood dining rooms.
- Beauty Shop appointments will continue for in-house residents that are not in quarantine and/or isolation precautions. There are no changes to their guidelines. Only one resident per stylist will be permitted. Social distancing will be implemented. Residents and stylist must wear a mask at all times. Residents are not allowed to wait in or outside the beauty shop for their appointment. Proper disinfection/sanitizing will be performed between each appointment.
We will communicate new information with families, residents, staff, and the community as it becomes available to us. For any questions or concerns, please contact your loved one’s designated social service aide.
Thank you for your patience, prayers, and understanding during this time.
Active employee cases: 3
Active resident cases: 1
Total employee cases since March 2020: 160
Total resident cases since March 2020: 97
Good Samaritan Home of Quincy
January 24, 2022 Good Samaritan Home was notified that seven employees and one resident tested positive for COVID-19. We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which includes: Continued screening of all staff members and other essential persons entering our facility for symptoms…
News & Views from Campus: January 23rd – January 29th 2022 Winter Olympics Preview The Winter Olympics will run this year from February 4th to February 20th! Beijing, China is the host this year, and the theme is “Together For A Shared Future”. Personally, I love the Winter Olympics, because I grew up playing…
January 21, 2022 Good Samaritan Home was notified that two employees tested positive for COVID-19. We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which includes: Continued screening of all staff members and other essential persons entering our facility for symptoms related to COVID-19.…