As a result of the staff testing, Good Samaritan Home was notified that two of our employees tested positive for COVID-19. At this time, residents of the affected neighborhood will return to neighborhood quarantine. Those residents on this neighborhood that came in direct contact with an employee will remain in a full quarantine with residents quarantined to their rooms. The families of this neighborhood have been notified. At this time, there has been no changes to the other neighborhoods in the facility since our previous update letter.
- Residents are no longer quarantined to their neighborhoods and are permitted to visit other neighborhoods and internal areas of the facility. New admits and readmits will continue to go to McReynold’s Center and residents that reside on this unit will continue to stay in quarantine.
- Residents are permitted in outdoor courtyards that do not have public access.
- Residents are permitted to go to the general store.
- Activities and chapel services are permitted in the Chapel/Social Room and Town Hall. As of now chapel services will be at 9:00am Mon-Fri and Sunday. The following precautions must be utilized: Residents and staff must properly wear a mask at all times. Non-compliant residents will NOT be able to attend. Areas on the floor will be marked to ensure residents are safely placed 6 feet apart.
- Activities department may continue van rides for the residents. Vans cannot exceed a 50% capacity to allow for social distancing. Residents must wear masks during the entire outing. Any contact with the general public during this outing will be avoided. Van seats and high touch areas will be disinfected between each use. Please keep in mind that the activity schedule will be changing daily to accommodate the new policies/procedures.
- Private therapy sessions in the pool are permitted for internal residents only.
- Residents are not permitted to eat on other neighborhoods and the dining policy has not changed. Only one resident will be allowed per table to allow for social distancing.
- Beauty Shop appointments will resume for in-house residents that are not in isolation precautions. There are no changes to their guidelines. Only one resident per stylist will be permitted. Social distancing will be implemented. Residents and stylist must wear a mask at all times. Residents are not allowed to wait in or outside the beauty shop for their appointment. Proper disinfection/sanitizing will be performed between each appointment.
All residents will continue to wear masks and practice social distancing whenever they leave their resident room. If you have any questions regarding our current procedures please feel free to contact you designated social service aide. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding during this time!
Good Samaritan Home of Quincy
GSH COTTAGER DRIVE THRU – FLU CLINIC Friday, October 23rd 8:00 AM-12:00 PMStevenson Manor Assisted Living Parking Lot(East side of the building) Bring your Medicare Card or a copy of your Insurance Card if not on Medicare Wear a short sleeve shirt – injection will be in upper arm You will stay in your car…
Medicare Open EnrollmentWith the seasons changing and cooling weather, we look forward to many fun, exciting holidays. However, you don’t want to overlook Medicare Open Enrollment during this time, as it could affect you for the entire year of 2021. Each year from October 15 to December 7, Medicare allows members to compare Part D…
From One Neighbor to AnotherA big thank you to the neighbors in the cottages that are helping each other. It is very appreciated. -An Anonymous Cottager COVID-19 UpdateAs a result of our facility-wide weekly testing, we have been informed that five of our employees tested positive for COVID-19 from the September 23 – September 25…