We are excited to announce that we have resumed in-person visits as of February 9th. However, the process will look different than previously. The following procedures will be implemented for in-person visits moving forward:
To schedule a visit please contact the scheduler listed below that is taking care of the neighborhood your loved one currently resides on.
Foose Center, Sheltering Grove: Sally Hodgson (ext. 4227, email@example.com)
Anna Brown, Stevenson Manor: Kayla Hoerr (ext. 4205, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Eastbrook Lane, Sunny Dale: Jessica Beever (ext. 4229, email@example.com)
Southern Court: Kelsey Bennett (ext. 4244, firstname.lastname@example.org)
NOTE: McReynolds Center will not be eligible for visits due to the quarantine status of that neighborhood.
When calling to make an appointment the scheduler will inform you of what day your loved one’s unit is scheduled for visits and what times are available for that day. Duration of visits are 30 minutes. We are committed to keeping our residents safe; therefore, we are not permitting families to schedule visits at random. Please limit your calls to every two weeks. We will do our best to accommodate, but cannot guarantee a visit every two weeks. If you are unable to schedule a time that works for you out of the slots available, you have the option to be placed on a waiting list. We will call those individuals on the waiting list when an opening is available.
All visitors will receive a phone call the day before their visit to complete a phone screening for potential symptoms. If the visitor is unable to be able reached the day before the appointment after reasonable attempts have been made, that visitor’s appointment will be cancelled. Visitors will also undergo a second screening upon arrival to the appointment.
Please adhere to the following guidelines when arriving for a scheduled in-person visit:
- Only two family members will be allowed to visit during the scheduled time. Please do not bring more than two people to your scheduled visit. All visitors must be eighteen years of age or older.
- All visitors must wear a face mask for the entire visit. Plastic shields may be worn, but you will be required to wear a face mask underneath. Masks will not be provided to the visitors. Visitors are responsible for bringing their own masks to the appointment.
- Social distancing between the visitors and the resident must be applied at all times.
- Please arrive at the visiting area ten minutes before the scheduled appointment to allow time for screening.
- Once you have arrived to the visiting area, please follow all instructions on the posted signs and then wait for additional instructions from a staff member. The visiting area is located in the back of the building underneath Foose Center. If you need further instructions on where to go for the visit please ask during your pre-screening phone call.
- Unfortunately, gifts and personal items will not be permitted, but can be dropped off at the front desk following the proper guidelines.
- Visits will be rescheduled if the resident or visitor show symptoms of COVID-19.
- Failure to comply with any of these guidelines will result in the visit ending. Non-compliance could result in a loss of visiting privileges altogether and a room quarantine for the resident.
- Administration reserves the right to cancel visits to ensure the safety of the residents and/or staff.
- If you develop symptoms of COVID-19 within 72 hours after visiting, please notify us at 217-223-8717, ext. 4205 or 4227.
We will continue to follow guidance from CMS, IDPH, and the ACHD as we work to connect you with your loved ones while keeping them safe. Thank you for your patience.
Good Samaritan Home of Quincy
News & Views from Campus: October 24th – October 30th Medicare Open Enrollment With the seasons changing and the cooler weather, we look forward to many fun holidays and events! However, you don’t want to overlook Medicare Open Enrollment at this time! Each year from Oct. 15th to Dec. 7th Medicare allows members to compare…
News & Views from Campus: October 17th – October 23rd Good Samaritan Home of Quincy Garners Awards Recently, our administrators received some very welcome news from two very well-respected sources: The Herald-Whig, and Newsweek Magazine! For the 4th consecutive year, Good Samaritan was voted by the public as the top Assisted Living Facility and…
October 15, 2021 Good Samaritan Home was notified that one employee tested positive for COVID-19. There was no exposure within the facility. Your neighborhood has not been quarantined at this time. We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which includes: Continued screening of…