Activities Director Sally Hodgson writes…
For the musically inclined, there are several opportunities to both listen and participate in musical activities here at the Home! We have a regular line-up of several very talented musicians including:
- Steve Buckman, who plays a wide variety of piano music the third Sunday of the month.
- One Country Gent, who plays old country, early rock, and hymns on the piano the first Tuesday of the month.
- Marvin Cook & Tom Morss, who sing and play old country, early rock, and gospel on acoustic guitar.
- The husband/wife duo Flame & Embers best known for their Elvis hits. You are likely to see some sequined hats while he plays keyboard and they both sing.
- David Damm, whose known for his hilarious jokes, along with the huge collection of instruments he plays.
- Sue Keller, who sings and plays country and gospel on the guitar.
- Volunteer Voices, a local choir who lend their beautiful voices to traditional music.
- The Happy Wanderer’s, who visit us quarterly singing and playing classic hits on their guitars.
- Frank and Loreea Brown, who sing gospel and old country as Frank accompanies on the guitar.
- Dennis Benjamin, who sings and plays classic country, early rock and gospel on his guitar.
For residents who want to join in, there are several opportunities, including:
- Vicky Daggett’s Sing-a-long, where lyrics are displayed on the big screen as Vicky plays.
- Hymn Sing with Linda Hoener, who gives a short lesson about each hymn before playing it for the residents to join in.
- Foose Sing-a-long, where everyone is invited to lend their voices to classic hymns and old favorites.
- Drumming Circle, where local musicians provide equipment and everyone is invited to express themselves.
We are blessed to have halls filled with music, as these talented local musicians share their gifts with us. Keep an eye on the activities calendar and come experience these performances sometime!
Good Samaritan Home of Quincy
June 23, 2022 Good Samaritan Home was notified that one resident and one employee tested positive for COVID-19. We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which includes: Continued screening of all staff members and other essential persons entering our facility for symptoms…
June 22, 2022 From 6/15-6/21/22 Good Samaritan Home was notified that three employees tested positive for COVID-19. For more frequent updates on the facility’s current COVID-19 status, please visit our website at https://www.gshq.org/news/. We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which includes:…
News & Views from Campus: June 19th – June 25th -DON’T FORGET OUR “65 Days of Giving” campaign, running now until August 8th! Ways To Give Just click on https://givebutter.com/65daysofgiving and follow the simple instructions! Text Give65 to 53555 on your mobile phone! Mail a donation to: Good Samaritan Home C/O Nathan Halfpap 2130 Harrison…