Activities Director Sally Hodgson writes…
For the musically inclined, there are several opportunities to both listen and participate in musical activities here at the Home! We have a regular line-up of several very talented musicians including:
- Steve Buckman, who plays a wide variety of piano music the third Sunday of the month.
- One Country Gent, who plays old country, early rock, and hymns on the piano the first Tuesday of the month.
- Marvin Cook & Tom Morss, who sing and play old country, early rock, and gospel on acoustic guitar.
- The husband/wife duo Flame & Embers best known for their Elvis hits. You are likely to see some sequined hats while he plays keyboard and they both sing.
- David Damm, whose known for his hilarious jokes, along with the huge collection of instruments he plays.
- Sue Keller, who sings and plays country and gospel on the guitar.
- Volunteer Voices, a local choir who lend their beautiful voices to traditional music.
- The Happy Wanderer’s, who visit us quarterly singing and playing classic hits on their guitars.
- Frank and Loreea Brown, who sing gospel and old country as Frank accompanies on the guitar.
- Dennis Benjamin, who sings and plays classic country, early rock and gospel on his guitar.
For residents who want to join in, there are several opportunities, including:
- Vicky Daggett’s Sing-a-long, where lyrics are displayed on the big screen as Vicky plays.
- Hymn Sing with Linda Hoener, who gives a short lesson about each hymn before playing it for the residents to join in.
- Foose Sing-a-long, where everyone is invited to lend their voices to classic hymns and old favorites.
- Drumming Circle, where local musicians provide equipment and everyone is invited to express themselves.
We are blessed to have halls filled with music, as these talented local musicians share their gifts with us. Keep an eye on the activities calendar and come experience these performances sometime!
Good Samaritan Home of Quincy
GSH COTTAGER DRIVE THRU – FLU CLINIC Friday, October 23rd 8:00 AM-12:00 PMStevenson Manor Assisted Living Parking Lot(East side of the building) Bring your Medicare Card or a copy of your Insurance Card if not on Medicare Wear a short sleeve shirt – injection will be in upper arm You will stay in your car…
Medicare Open EnrollmentWith the seasons changing and cooling weather, we look forward to many fun, exciting holidays. However, you don’t want to overlook Medicare Open Enrollment during this time, as it could affect you for the entire year of 2021. Each year from October 15 to December 7, Medicare allows members to compare Part D…
From One Neighbor to AnotherA big thank you to the neighbors in the cottages that are helping each other. It is very appreciated. -An Anonymous Cottager COVID-19 UpdateAs a result of our facility-wide weekly testing, we have been informed that five of our employees tested positive for COVID-19 from the September 23 – September 25…