Good Samaritan Home was notified that one of our employees tested positive for COVID-19. At this time, the affected neighborhood has entered into a full room quarantine. Other neighborhoods throughout the facility remain in a neighborhood quarantine. Restrictions have been lessened for those not in a room or neighborhood quarantine:
- Continued screening all staff members and other essential persons entering our facility for symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Continued screening of all residents several times a day with vital signs and temperature checks.
- Residents are no longer quarantined to their neighborhoods and are permitted to visit other neighborhoods and internal areas of the facility that are not in quarantine. New admits and readmits will continue to go to McReynold’s Center, and residents that reside on this unit will continue to stay in quarantine.
- Residents are permitted in outdoor courtyards that do not have public access.
- Residents are permitted to go to the general store.
- Activities are held in resident rooms and doorways.
- Residents are not permitted to eat on other neighborhoods and the dining policy has not changed. Only one resident will be allowed per table to allow for social distancing.
- Beauty Shop closure.
- Continued disinfecting of resident rooms, common areas, and high-traffic areas multiple times daily.
- All staff will continue to wear masks and practice good hand hygiene.
All residents will continue to wear masks and practice social distancing whenever they leave their resident room. If you have any questions regarding our current procedures, please feel free to contact your designated social service aide. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding during this time.
Active employee cases: 5
Active resident cases: 0
Total employee cases since March 2020: 62
Total resident cases since March 2020: 9
Good Samaritan Home of Quincy
News & Views from Campus: June 13th – June 19th This Week In History June 13th, 1884: The very first roller coaster opens at Coney Island in Brooklyn, NY. It costs 5 cents per ride! June 14th, 1971: President Richard Nixon orders a tape recorder system installed in the White House. June 15th, 1775: George…
News & Views from Campus: June 6th – June 12th Meet our New CFO! Name: Mathew Dorian Hometown: Quincy, IL High School: Quincy Notre Dame Previous Job: Director of Accounting at The Chicago History Museum Family: Wife Janelle, and many, many nieces & nephews Thoughts of our home so far: I am very happy…
June 3, 2021 Good Samaritan Home has not had any new COVID-19 positive cases in employees or residents since our last notification letter. At this time, your loved one’s neighborhood has not been quarantined. We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which…