OUTDOOR VISIT GUIDELINES
Our residents are at great risk of serious illness from COVID-19, and they require our protection to prevent COVID-19 from entering our facility. This must be balanced with our residents’ need for quality of life and their need for social interaction to mitigate social isolation and loneliness.
Good Samaritan Home will be offering outdoor visitation for our residents and their loved ones while strictly adhering to the following guidelines that were recommended by the Illinois Department of Public Health. We will continue our commitment in ensuring a safe environment for our residents, families, and staff throughout this process.
Outdoor Visitation Guidelines
- McReynolds Center is considered a transitional quarantine unit for our facility. Therefore, Good Samaritan will not be allowing outdoor visits for residents located on McReynolds Center. Once the resident is moved from McReynolds Center, they will be permitted outdoor visits.
- Each visit is by appointment only. Each resident will be permitted 2 thirty-minute visits per week with a limit of 1 visit in a given day. Visitors must arrive at the appointed time to guarantee their visit time.
- All visitors must schedule their appointments in advance. Same day appointments will not be permitted. A maximum of 2 appointments can be made per phone call. Appointments will only be made for the next 2 upcoming weeks. Every Monday will open up a new available week for appointments. Appointments will be scheduled on a first come first serve basis each week.
- Each visit is limited to a maximum of 2 visitors. Each visitor will receive a pre-screening by phone the day prior to their appointment. Any visitor unable to be reached for the pre-screening after reasonable attempts to contact will result in the appointment being cancelled. Each visitor and resident will also receive a screening upon arrival to their appointment that includes a temperature check. Visits will not occur if the visitor or resident is feeling unwell or does not pass the screening. Visits will not occur if the resident is currently in transmission-based precautions/isolation.
- Good Samaritan Home has the capacity to allow up to 70 outdoor visitors in a single day.
- All visitors and residents must wear a mask or face covering during the entire visit. Masks will be provided for the resident only. MASKS WILL NOT BE PROVIDED FOR VISITORS. ALL VISITORS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUPPLYING THEIR OWN MASKS. ANY VISITOR THAT DOES NOT HAVE A MASK UPON ARRIVAL WILL BE TURNED AWAY AND THEIR APPOINTMENT WILL BE CANCELLED.
- All visitors and residents must adhere to social distancing. If the resident does not social distance, they will be required to self-isolate for 14 days in their room to protect our other residents and staff, and the visitor will lose outdoor visitation privileges.
- Visitors must enter and exit where posted.
- Visits are subject to cancellation due to inclement weather. Visits will not be held in the rain. Visits are also subject to cancellation by administration at any time for various reasons.
- Foose Center residents may receive visits on Wednesdays and Sundays between 10AM and 2PM. All other resident visits will be scheduled between 10 AM and 2PM every day with the exception of holidays. No visits will be scheduled on facility observed holidays.
- Food, drinks, and gifts are not permitted during the visit. If visitors would like to bring in items for the residents, they can be taken by the visitor to the front desk through the front entrance to be given to the resident to enjoy after the visit.
- Noncompliance with the above guidelines may result in the loss of outdoor visitation privileges for the resident and/or visitor.
To arrange an outdoor visit with your loved one:
- Contact the facility by phone anytime beginning July 1, 2020 at 217-223-8717 Extension 4720 with any questions or to schedule your visit. Please leave a message on the extension’s voicemail to include your name, resident name, contact number, and reason for your call and someone will return your call in the order it was received. Appointments for visits will begin July 6, 2020.
- Further instructions will be given to you over the phone during the pre-screening process.
Thank you for your continued patience and support during this time.
Good Samaritan Home of Quincy
September 30, 2022 Good Samaritan Home was notified that one employee tested positive for COVID-19. For more frequent updates on the facility’s current COVID-19 status, please visit our website at https://www.gshq.org/news/. We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which includes: Continued screening…
September 28, 2022 From 9/21-9/27/2022 Good Samaritan Home has not had any new COVID-19 positive cases in employees or residents. For more frequent updates on the facility’s current COVID-19 status, please visit our website at https://www.gshq.org/news/. We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take…
News & Views from Campus: September 25th – October 1st Independent Shoppers, Don’t Miss Out! Shopping trips to Wal-Mart are back! Wednesday the 28th we will start boarding the bus up at the main entrance at 8:30am sharp. We will begin boarding at 10:30am to return to the home. Please note that staff members do…