PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURE/GUIDELINES IN THEIR ENTIRETY
We are excited to announce that we will be resuming outdoor visits beginning today, September 3rd. However, the process will look different than previously announced in June/July. The following procedures will be implemented for outdoor visits moving forward:
1. Only one neighborhood will be receiving outdoor visits per day during the week.
2. Up to three residents from that specific neighborhood will be scheduled per day, with families arriving at different times throughout the day to avoid contact.
3. Our staff will be contacting families to set up an outdoor visit with your loved one. Due to the structure of the new outdoor visit guidelines, we will not be accepting phone calls for visits.
4. Only two family members will be allowed to visit during the scheduled time. Please do not bring more than two people to your scheduled visit.
The visits are scheduled at random for each neighborhood, and please know that it may be some time before we contact you for a visit due to the volume of residents we care for. We are committed to keeping our residents safe, therefore we are not permitting families to schedule visits at random. Outdoor visits for McReynolds Center will not be scheduled at this time because it is a transitional quarantine unit.
Please adhere to the following guidelines when arriving for a scheduled outdoor visit:
1. All visitors must wear a mask for the entire visit. Masks will not be provided to the visitors. Visitors are responsible for bringing their own masks to the appointment.
2. Social distancing between the visitors and the resident must be applied at all times. If the resident does not social distance, it may result in the loss of outdoor visitation privileges and a room quarantine for the resident.
3. All visitors will receive a phone call the day before their visit to complete a phone screening for potential symptoms. If the visitor is unable to be able reached the day before the appointment after reasonable attempts have been made, that visitor’s appointment will be cancelled. Visitors will also undergo a second screening upon arrival to the appointment.
4. Please arrive at the visiting area ten minutes before the scheduled appointment to allow time for screening.
5. Once you have arrived to the visiting area, please follow all instructions on the posted signs and then wait for additional instructions from a staff member.
Unfortunately, gifts and personal items will not be permitted, but can be dropped off at the front desk following the proper guidelines. Visits will rescheduled if the resident or visitor show symptoms of COVID-19. No visitors will be permitted in the building at anytime. Failure to comply with any of these guidelines will result in the visit ending. Visits are subject to cancellation due to inclement weather or other various reasons approved by administration.
We will continue to follow guidance from the Adams County Health Department as we work to connect you with your loved ones while keeping them safe. Thank you for your patience.
Good Samaritan Home of Quincy
GSH COTTAGER DRIVE THRU – FLU CLINIC Friday, October 23rd 8:00 AM-12:00 PMStevenson Manor Assisted Living Parking Lot(East side of the building) Bring your Medicare Card or a copy of your Insurance Card if not on Medicare Wear a short sleeve shirt – injection will be in upper arm You will stay in your car…
Medicare Open EnrollmentWith the seasons changing and cooling weather, we look forward to many fun, exciting holidays. However, you don’t want to overlook Medicare Open Enrollment during this time, as it could affect you for the entire year of 2021. Each year from October 15 to December 7, Medicare allows members to compare Part D…
From One Neighbor to AnotherA big thank you to the neighbors in the cottages that are helping each other. It is very appreciated. -An Anonymous Cottager COVID-19 UpdateAs a result of our facility-wide weekly testing, we have been informed that five of our employees tested positive for COVID-19 from the September 23 – September 25…