As a result of the staff testing, Good Samaritan Home was notified that one of our employees tested positive for COVID-19. At this time, residents of the affected neighborhoods will return to neighborhood quarantine. The families of this neighborhood have been notified. At this time, there has been no changes to the other neighborhoods in the facility since our previous update letter.
- Residents are no longer quarantined to their neighborhoods and are permitted to visit other neighborhoods and internal areas of the facility. New admits and readmits will continue to go to McReynold’s Center and residents that reside on this unit will continue to stay in quarantine.
- Residents are permitted in outdoor courtyards that do not have public access.
- Residents are permitted to go to the general store.
- Activities and chapel services are permitted in the Chapel/Social Room and Town Hall. As of now chapel services will be at 9:00am Mon-Fri and Sunday. The following precautions must be utilized: Residents and staff must properly wear a mask at all times. Non-compliant residents will NOT be able to attend. Areas on the floor will be marked to ensure residents are safely placed 6 feet apart.
- Activities department may continue van rides for the residents. Vans cannot exceed a 50% capacity to allow for social distancing. Residents must wear masks during the entire outing. Any contact with the general public during this outing will be avoided. Van seats and high touch areas will be disinfected between each use. Please keep in mind that the activity schedule will be changing daily to accommodate the new policies/procedures.
- Private therapy sessions in the pool are permitted for internal residents only.
- Residents are not permitted to eat on other neighborhoods and the dining policy has not changed. Only one resident will be allowed per table to allow for social distancing.
- Beauty Shop appointments will resume for in-house residents that are not in isolation precautions. There are no changes to their guidelines. Only one resident per stylist will be permitted. Social distancing will be implemented. Residents and stylist must wear a mask at all times. Residents are not allowed to wait in or outside the beauty shop for their appointment. Proper disinfection/sanitizing will be performed between each appointment.
All residents will continue to wear masks and practice social distancing whenever they leave their resident room. If you have any questions regarding our current procedures please feel free to contact you designated social service aide. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding during this time!
Total Employee Cases: 18
Total Resident Cases: 3
Good Samaritan Home of Quincy
May 2nd – May 8th, 2021 Fun Holidays and Factoids From This Week In History! May 2nd, 1933 – Sightings of the famous Loch Ness Monster were first reported in Scotland’s Inverness Courier. May 3rd – World Press Freedom Day, a day to recognize the value of the freedom of the press and honor journalistic…
April 28, 2021 Good Samaritan Home was notified that one employee tested positive for COVID-19. Your loved one’s neighborhood has entered into neighborhood quarantine for those residents who are fully vaccinated. Residents that are not fully vaccinated or unvaccinated have entered into room quarantine. At this time, all visitation (with the exception of compassionate care…
News & Views from Campus: April 25 – May 1st, 2021 What can The Patter do for you? It’s my second week doing The Patter here at Good Samaritan Home, and I’m happy to be connecting through this piece with all of our residents, cottagers, and staff who use it! So logically my next step…