As a result of the staff testing, Good Samaritan Home was notified that four of our employees tested positive for COVID-19. At this time, specific neighborhoods throughout the facility remain in a full room quarantine. Other neighborhoods also remain in a neighborhood quarantine. Restrictions continue to be lessened for those residents not in a room or neighborhood quarantine:
- Residents are permitted in outdoor courtyards that do not have public access.
- Residents are permitted to go to the general store.
- Activities and chapel services are permitted in the Chapel/Social Room and Town Hall. As of now chapel services will be at 9:00am Mon-Fri and Sunday. The following precautions must be utilized: Residents and staff must properly wear a mask at all times. Non-compliant residents will NOT be able to attend. Areas on the floor will be marked to ensure residents are safely placed 6 feet apart.
- Activities department may continue van rides for the residents. Vans cannot exceed a 50% capacity to allow for social distancing. Residents must wear masks during the entire outing. Any contact with the general public during this outing will be avoided. Van seats and high touch areas will be disinfected between each use. Please keep in mind that the activity schedule will be changing daily to accommodate the new policies/procedures.
- Private therapy sessions in the pool are permitted for internal residents only.
- Residents are not permitted to eat on other neighborhoods and the dining policy has not changed. Only one resident will be allowed per table to allow for social distancing.
- Beauty Shop closure.
All residents will continue to wear masks and practice social distancing whenever they leave their resident room. If you have any questions regarding our current procedures, please feel free to contact your designated social service aide. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding during this time.
Active employee cases: 12
Active resident cases: 0
Total employee cases since March 2020: 38
Total resident cases since March 2020: 3
Good Samaritan Home of Quincy
June 23, 2022 Good Samaritan Home was notified that one resident and one employee tested positive for COVID-19. We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which includes: Continued screening of all staff members and other essential persons entering our facility for symptoms…
June 22, 2022 From 6/15-6/21/22 Good Samaritan Home was notified that three employees tested positive for COVID-19. For more frequent updates on the facility’s current COVID-19 status, please visit our website at https://www.gshq.org/news/. We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which includes:…
News & Views from Campus: June 19th – June 25th -DON’T FORGET OUR “65 Days of Giving” campaign, running now until August 8th! Ways To Give Just click on https://givebutter.com/65daysofgiving and follow the simple instructions! Text Give65 to 53555 on your mobile phone! Mail a donation to: Good Samaritan Home C/O Nathan Halfpap 2130 Harrison…