Good Samaritan Home is pleased to announce that all resident test results from the affected neighborhood, aside from the confirmed positive resident last week, have been returned as negative. The resident room quarantine has been lifted from the previously affected neighborhood, and all residents now continue to be quarantined to their individual neighborhoods. Staff will continue to be tested on a weekly basis, and we will keep you updated as we receive weekly results.
We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which include:
• Continued screening of all staff members and other essential persons entering our facility for symptoms related to COVID-19.
• Continued screening of all residents several times a day with vital signs and temperature checks.
• Resident meals in their neighborhood dining room.
• Activities held in resident neighborhoods.
• Beauty shop closure.
• Continued disinfecting of resident rooms, common areas, and high-traffic areas multiple times daily.
• All staff will continue to wear masks and practice good hand hygiene.
We continue to follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), and the Adams County Health Department.
For any questions or concerns, please contact your loved one’s designated social service aide.
Thank you for your prayers, patience, and support during this time.
Good Samaritan Home of Quincy
News & Views from Campus: June 13th – June 19th This Week In History June 13th, 1884: The very first roller coaster opens at Coney Island in Brooklyn, NY. It costs 5 cents per ride! June 14th, 1971: President Richard Nixon orders a tape recorder system installed in the White House. June 15th, 1775: George…
News & Views from Campus: June 6th – June 12th Meet our New CFO! Name: Mathew Dorian Hometown: Quincy, IL High School: Quincy Notre Dame Previous Job: Director of Accounting at The Chicago History Museum Family: Wife Janelle, and many, many nieces & nephews Thoughts of our home so far: I am very happy…
June 3, 2021 Good Samaritan Home has not had any new COVID-19 positive cases in employees or residents since our last notification letter. At this time, your loved one’s neighborhood has not been quarantined. We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which…