Following the confirmation of the positive employee last week, Good Samaritan Home tested all the residents on the affected neighborhood. We have been notified that one of the residents on this affected neighborhood has tested positive for COVID-19. All residents on the affected neighborhood will remain in a full quarantine and remain in their rooms until further notice. All other residents in the facility will continue to be quarantined to their individual neighborhoods. The family of the positive resident has been notified. Staff will undergo another round of COVID-19 testing next week.
We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which include:
• Continued screening of all staff members and other essential persons entering our facility for symptoms related to COVID-19.
• Continued screening of all residents several times a day with vital signs and temperature checks.
• Resident meals delivered to resident rooms for the neighborhood in quarantine only.
• Activities held in resident rooms and doorways for the neighborhood in quarantine only.
• Beauty shop closure.
• Continued disinfecting of resident rooms, common areas, and high-traffic areas multiple times daily.
• All staff will continue to wear masks and practice good hand hygiene.
We continue to follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), and the Adams County Health Department.
We will communicate new information with families, residents, staff, and the community as it becomes available to us. For any questions or concerns, please contact your loved one’s designated social service aide.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
Total Employee Cases since June: 8
Total Resident Cases since June: 2
Good Samaritan Home of Quincy
July 20, 2021 Good Samaritan Home was notified that one employee tested positive for COVID-19. Your loved one’s neighborhood has not been quarantined at this time. Due to the uptick in COVID-19 cases across the county and region, we are continuing to follow the Adams County Health Department’s recommendation of the suspension of indoor visitation…
News & Views from Campus: July 18th – July 24th On This Day In History… July 18th, 1940 – Franklin D. Roosevelt is nominated for an unprecedented 3rd term. He would go on be elected to a 4th term as well, the only President to serve more than two. July 19th, 1943 – The…
Due to the uptick in COVID-19 cases across the county and region, the Adams County Health Department has recommended the suspension of indoor visitation across Adams and Brown County, IL Long Term Care Facilities. This will go in effect at Good Samaritan Home effective Saturday, July 17, 2021. We will notify you when indoor visitation…