Following the confirmation of the positive employee last week, Good Samaritan Home tested all the residents on the affected neighborhood. We have been notified that one of the residents on this affected neighborhood has tested positive for COVID-19. All residents on the affected neighborhood will remain in a full quarantine and remain in their rooms until further notice. All other residents in the facility will continue to be quarantined to their individual neighborhoods. The family of the positive resident has been notified. Staff will undergo another round of COVID-19 testing next week.
We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which include:
• Continued screening of all staff members and other essential persons entering our facility for symptoms related to COVID-19.
• Continued screening of all residents several times a day with vital signs and temperature checks.
• Resident meals delivered to resident rooms for the neighborhood in quarantine only.
• Activities held in resident rooms and doorways for the neighborhood in quarantine only.
• Beauty shop closure.
• Continued disinfecting of resident rooms, common areas, and high-traffic areas multiple times daily.
• All staff will continue to wear masks and practice good hand hygiene.
We continue to follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), and the Adams County Health Department.
We will communicate new information with families, residents, staff, and the community as it becomes available to us. For any questions or concerns, please contact your loved one’s designated social service aide.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
Total Employee Cases since June: 8
Total Resident Cases since June: 2
Good Samaritan Home of Quincy
GSH COTTAGER DRIVE THRU – FLU CLINIC Friday, October 23rd 8:00 AM-12:00 PMStevenson Manor Assisted Living Parking Lot(East side of the building) Bring your Medicare Card or a copy of your Insurance Card if not on Medicare Wear a short sleeve shirt – injection will be in upper arm You will stay in your car…
Medicare Open EnrollmentWith the seasons changing and cooling weather, we look forward to many fun, exciting holidays. However, you don’t want to overlook Medicare Open Enrollment during this time, as it could affect you for the entire year of 2021. Each year from October 15 to December 7, Medicare allows members to compare Part D…
From One Neighbor to AnotherA big thank you to the neighbors in the cottages that are helping each other. It is very appreciated. -An Anonymous Cottager COVID-19 UpdateAs a result of our facility-wide weekly testing, we have been informed that five of our employees tested positive for COVID-19 from the September 23 – September 25…