Following the confirmation of the positive employee last week, Good Samaritan Home tested all the residents on the affected neighborhood. We have been notified that one of the residents on this affected neighborhood has tested positive for COVID-19. All residents on the affected neighborhood will remain in a full quarantine and remain in their rooms until further notice. All other residents in the facility will continue to be quarantined to their individual neighborhoods. The family of the positive resident has been notified. Staff will undergo another round of COVID-19 testing next week.
We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which include:
• Continued screening of all staff members and other essential persons entering our facility for symptoms related to COVID-19.
• Continued screening of all residents several times a day with vital signs and temperature checks.
• Resident meals delivered to resident rooms for the neighborhood in quarantine only.
• Activities held in resident rooms and doorways for the neighborhood in quarantine only.
• Beauty shop closure.
• Continued disinfecting of resident rooms, common areas, and high-traffic areas multiple times daily.
• All staff will continue to wear masks and practice good hand hygiene.
We continue to follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), and the Adams County Health Department.
We will communicate new information with families, residents, staff, and the community as it becomes available to us. For any questions or concerns, please contact your loved one’s designated social service aide.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
Total Employee Cases since June: 8
Total Resident Cases since June: 2
Good Samaritan Home of Quincy
January 25, 2023 Good Samaritan Home was notified that one employee tested positive for COVID-19. We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which includes: For any questions or concerns, please contact your loved one’s designated social service aide. Thank you for your…
News & Views from Campus: January 22nd – January 28th Fireside Sports Bar & Grill Lunch Outing On Thursday the 26th at 1030am, we will head to the Fireside Grill inside the Mark Twain Casino in La Grange, Missouri for an extended lunch outing. Remember, you must call activities at extension 4227 by Wednesday the…
News & Views from Campus: January 15th – January 21st Wal Mart Shopping Time! Wal Mart shopping returns on Wednesday, January 18th at 8:30am. Remember, you must call Sally Hodgson at extension 4227 if you plan on attending. After you have booked your spot with Sally, you will meet that Wednesday morning at the…