Good Samaritan Home was notified that one of our employees tested positive for COVID-19. The families of residents that have been in direct contact with this employee have been notified. Other than the neighborhoods and specific residents throughout that facility remain in room quarantine, all other neighborhoods have now been placed into a neighborhood quarantine.
We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which includes:
• Continued screening of all staff members and other essential persons entering our facility for symptoms related to COVID-19.
• Continued screening of all residents several times a day with vital signs and temperature checks.
• Residents quarantined to their neighborhoods.
• Neighborhood van rides will resume with proper COVID-19 precautions, such as social distancing, regular sanitation, and the requirement of masks.
• Beauty shop closure.
• Continued disinfecting of resident rooms, common areas, and high-traffic areas multiple times daily.
• All staff will continue to wear masks and practice good hand hygiene.
We will communicate new information with families, residents, staff, and the community as it becomes available to us. For any questions or concerns, please contact your loved one’s designated social service aide.
Thank you for your patience, prayers, and understanding during this time.
Active employee cases: 2
Active resident cases: 1
Total employee cases since March 2020: 55
Total resident cases since March 2020: 9
Good Samaritan Home of Quincy
September 13, 2021 Good Samaritan Home was notified that one employee tested positive for COVID-19. Neighborhoods have entered into different quarantine statuses based on their exposure levels. Due to the uptick in COVID-19 cases across the county and region, we are continuing to follow the Adams County Health Department’s recommendation of the suspension of indoor…
News & Views from Campus: September 12th – September 18th On This Day in History… September 12th, 1953: John F. Kennedy marries Jacqueline Bouvier in Newport, R.I. & years later they would become the youngest President & First Lady in American history. September 13th, 2004: Oprah Winfrey gives a brand-new Pontiac G-6 sedan to all…
September 8, 2021 Good Samaritan Home was notified that one employee tested positive for COVID-19. Neighborhoods have entered into different quarantine statuses based on their exposure levels. Due to the uptick in COVID-19 cases across the county and region, we are continuing to follow the Adams County Health Department’s recommendation of the suspension of indoor…