March 26, 2021
Good Samaritan Home has not had any new COVID-19 positive cases in employees or residents since our last notification letter. Neighborhoods throughout the facility remain in different quarantine statuses based on their exposure levels.
Effective 3/25/21, there have been some changes to the GSH protocol for when a resident returns from a trip outside of the facility. Upon return of a from a trip outside the facility:
- Unvaccinated residents should be observed and monitored closely for development of symptoms during the following 14-day period following the outing.
- Unvaccinated residents who used facility transportation and traveled with an employee chaperone will not be required to quarantine even if they met family at the appointment.
- Unvaccinated residents who travel with family or friends outside the facility will be placed in transmission-based precautions for 14 days. (Droplet isolation)
- Unvaccinated residents that spend overnight out of building should be placed in transmission-based precautions for 14 days. (Droplet isolation)
- Fully vaccinated residents are not required to quarantine.
- Residents within 90 days of confirmed COVID-19 infection do not need to quarantine.
- Residents no longer need to shower and change clothes when they return from an outing.
- Before a resident leaves the facility for an outing or appointment, nursing staff will screen for temp and symptoms prior to leaving neighborhood.
- Staff will be required to assist resident with hand hygiene using an alcohol-based rub each time they enter and exit the vehicle.
- Upon return to the neighborhood, nursing staff will assist with hand hygiene, and screen for temp including exposure to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which includes:
- Continued screening of all staff members and other essential persons entering our facility for symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Continued screening of all residents several times a day with vital signs and temperature checks.
- Residents no longer quarantined to their neighborhoods or rooms.
- Continued disinfecting of resident rooms, common areas, and high-traffic areas multiple times daily.
- All staff will continue to wear masks and practice good hand hygiene.
- Residents may have meals in their assigned neighborhood dining rooms. Only one resident is permitted at each dining room table to allow for social distancing. Married couples that reside on the same unit will be allowed to sit at the same table.
- Beauty Shop appointments will resume for in-house residents that are not in isolation precautions. There are no changes to their guidelines. Only one resident per stylist will be permitted. Social distancing will be implemented. Residents and stylist must wear a mask at all times. Residents are not allowed to wait in or outside the beauty shop for their appointment. Proper disinfection/sanitizing will be performed between each appointment.
We will communicate new information with families, residents, staff, and the community as it becomes available to us. For any questions or concerns, please contact your loved one’s designated social service aide.
Thank you for your patience, prayers, and understanding during this time.
Active employee cases: 0
Active resident cases: 0
Total employee cases since March 2020: 143
Total resident cases since March 2020: 93
Good Samaritan Home of Quincy
September 30, 2022 Good Samaritan Home was notified that one employee tested positive for COVID-19. For more frequent updates on the facility’s current COVID-19 status, please visit our website at https://www.gshq.org/news/. We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which includes: Continued screening…
September 28, 2022 From 9/21-9/27/2022 Good Samaritan Home has not had any new COVID-19 positive cases in employees or residents. For more frequent updates on the facility’s current COVID-19 status, please visit our website at https://www.gshq.org/news/. We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take…
News & Views from Campus: September 25th – October 1st Independent Shoppers, Don’t Miss Out! Shopping trips to Wal-Mart are back! Wednesday the 28th we will start boarding the bus up at the main entrance at 8:30am sharp. We will begin boarding at 10:30am to return to the home. Please note that staff members do…