April 16, 2021
Good Samaritan Home has not had any new COVID-19 positive cases in employees or residents since our last notification letter. At this time, your loved one’s neighborhood has not been quarantined. Other neighborhoods will be entering into different quarantine statuses based on their exposure levels.
Good Samaritan Home is excited to announce that we are expanding our visitation policy to follow current CMS and IDPH guidelines. The new visitations will take effect on 4/20/21. Please see the attached Resident Connection Program Policy for more details, resident eligibility, and instructions on how to schedule a visit in each visiting program we are currently offering.
We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which includes:
- Continued screening of all staff members and other essential persons entering our facility for symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Continued screening of all residents several times a day with vital signs and temperature checks.
- Residents no longer quarantined to their neighborhoods or rooms.
- Beauty shop closure.
- Continued disinfecting of resident rooms, common areas, and high-traffic areas multiple times daily.
- All staff will continue to wear masks and practice good hand hygiene.
- Residents may have meals in their assigned neighborhood dining rooms. Only one resident is permitted at each dining room table to allow for social distancing. Married couples that reside on the same unit will be allowed to sit at the same table.
We will communicate new information with families, residents, staff, and the community as it becomes available to us. For any questions or concerns, please contact your loved one’s designated social service aide.
Thank you for your patience, prayers, and understanding during this time.
Active employee cases: 2
Active resident cases: 0
Total employee cases since March 2020: 145
Total resident cases since March 2020: 93
Good Samaritan Home of Quincy
News & Views from Campus: September 26th – October 2 ndThoughts in honor of World Gratitude Day, Sept. 21 st – By Diana Butler Bass During the last eighteen months, when I felt the mostdespair and the deepest pain of isolation, I remembered myown words and took them to heart: Gratitude is resilienceof sorts, the…
September 23, 2021 Good Samaritan Home was notified that two employees tested positive for COVID-19. Neighborhoods have entered into different quarantine statuses based on their exposure levels. Due to the uptick in COVID-19 cases across the county and region, we are continuing to follow the Adams County Health Department’s recommendation of the suspension of indoor…
News & Views from Campus: September 19th – September 25th Don’t forget your Annual Association Membership as the year draws to a close! Memberships are individual, so a couple needs to give individually. Memberships are made on a fiscal year basis starting October 1, 2020 through September 30, 2021. To pay your 2020-2021 Annual Association…